Not sure if now is the best time to do it?
Maybe you’ve been listening to your inner critic and you believe it’s best to wait.
Well, to help you get it going, in this week’s podcast I share 5 reasons why now is the best time to do it.
I hope these reasons will help you realize, like so many before you have, that there’s no time like the present.
Not sure what it is? Here are some clues to help you clarify what it is, and what it isn’t.
What it is:
- It’s your passion.
- It’s your purpose.
- It’s your calling.
- It’s why you came here.
- It’s what makes you come alive.
- It’s whats in your heart and soul.
- It’s what your higher self keeps telling you to do.
- It’s what sparks joy within you.
- It’s what energizes you and makes your eyes light up.
- It’s what your intuition has been nudging you to do.
That’s what it is.
What it isn’t:
- It isn’t what the voice in your head (a.k.a your intellect, a.k.a the monkey mind) tells you you should do.
- It isn’t what the radio, television, magazines, books, or newspapers you read tell you you should do.
- It isn’t what your family, your neighbor, or your teacher tells you you should do.
- And it isn’t what you think you should do.
In fact, it has nothing to do with thinking at all.
It has everything to do with feeling.
Yes, I’m talking about your big IT.
You didn’t think I’d waste your time talking about little it’s did you?
Your big it is something you feel with your body. It’s a deep knowing.
Your body always knows what you should do.
Your mind can’t be trusted with big decisions like this.
So, now that you have an understanding of what it is, let’s get into the reasons why now is the best time to do it.
Because I’m sure you’ll want to get started on your grand adventure right away.
The 5 reasons why now is the best time to do it are:
- Mastery comes with practice. Regardless of what you feel you should do, the sooner you get started, the sooner you’ll acquire mastery. Mastery only comes with doing. Once you understand this, you’ll want to just do and do and do. Because you’ll know that in order to get better, you have to do it consistently, and to the exclusion of everything else.
- Life is really just one big experiment. The real winners in the game of life know this. They know that the more they experiment, the more their chances of winning improve. The more things they try to improve in their businesses and their lives, the more they discover what works and what doesn’t. That’s the experiment. The superstars of success have a long list of failed experiments. But they don’t view them as failures. They view them as learning experiments. With each experiment they get closer and closer to what works.
- It’s not about what you’re doing, it’s about what you’re becoming. This is perhaps my all-time favorite reason for doing anything. Regardless of what you’re doing, realize that it’s just the vehicle for the underlying process of developing yourself. Developing your focus, your creativity, and your ability to act despite the resistant within. In the grand cosmic scheme of things it’s never about what you’re doing. It’s always about what you’re becoming.
- The longer you wait, the harder it gets. As we age our neural pathways become more and more fixed. Patterns of thinking and behaving become more deeply ingrained. In short, we get set in our ways. This is a great reason why doing it now is a good idea.
- Tomorrow you’ll wish you’d started today. This reason is all about avoiding the pain of regret. If you wait until tomorrow, the pain of regret will be that much stronger. I’m a big fan of the notion that starting is where the real payoff is. Once you start, if you’ve chosen the right thing to do, you’ll want to do and do and do. And when you do, you’ll be well on your way to becoming the best version of you. And that’s where the real reward is.
One Sentence Summary:
Now is the best time to do it because it’s not about doing it at all – it’s about who you become in the process.
Quote of the Week:
The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” Chinese Proverb
- None this week
Awesome Resources Created Just For You:
- Just Be It! – Improve your performance and your results in any area of your life quickly and easily!
- The Alchemy of Despair – 17 of the most effective techniques I’ve ever encountered for reclaiming your happiness!
- The Magic of Being – Teach your child how to develop their self-image in a fun, entertaining way!
Connect with me
How to review the show on iTunes – If you enjoy the podcast, it would be awesome if you’d take a minute and write a review on iTunes. To do that, just launch the iTunes podcast app on your computer or phone. Search for Enhancing The Human Experience. Select the album art for the show. Then select ratings and reviews. Then write your review. Thank you in advance, I really appreciate it!
All the best – health, wealth, and success!