If there ever was a universal success mantra for us human beings, it would certainly be:
“Get out of your own way.”
Due to the nature of mind, we face a challenge every day.
That challenge being, let go of old ways of being and doing, and embrace new ways.
Sounds pretty simple on paper, but as you and I both know, it’s anything but simple in practice.
It takes a daily commitment to show up, face ourselves, and be brutally honest about how we may be sabotaging out own efforts.
The underlying problem is that we typically cling so tightly to our past story and our conditioned thinking that it often becomes an impediment to us manifesting new (and better) experiences into our lives.
So the practice is to continually shed out-dated beliefs, judgments, criticism, and ideas that no longer serve us (if they ever really did), and embrace new ideas.
Ideas that move us more into alignment with our desired outcome.
In other words, to get out of our own way.
As with any type of personal growth, the first step is awareness of what we need to let go of, and/or change about ourselves.
With this in mind, I find the following questions to be helpful in identifying the ways we may be getting in our own way as we move toward more success in business or in life.
- How am I impeding the flow of source energy here?
- How can I improve this system or process, and make it better, easier, or more effective?
- How can I improve myself, and make my own actions more effective and efficient?
- What new ways of thinking can I adopt to put myself in alignment with my desired outcome?
- Is there a better overall approach I can take here to get the results I want?
Being inspired vs. Forcing things
At the end of the day, it really comes down to allowing ourselves to be inspired vs forcing things.
It’s about allowing ourselves to be an open channel for ideas from the other side, and then working on them without entertaining the self-critical voice of our old conditioning trying to derail us.
Quote of the Week:
Life wants you to win…please get out of your own way.” ~ Robin Sharma
- None this week.
Awesome Resources Created Just For You:
- Just Be It! – Improve your performance and your results in any area of your life quickly and easily!
- The Alchemy of Despair – 17 of the most effective techniques I’ve ever encountered for reclaiming your happiness!
- The Magic of Being – Teach your child how to develop their self-image in a fun, entertaining way!
Connect with me
How to review the show on iTunes – If you enjoy the podcast, it would be awesome if you’d take a minute and write a review on iTunes. To do that, just launch the iTunes podcast app on your computer or phone. Search for Enhancing The Human Experience. Select the album art for the show. Then select ratings and reviews. Then write your review. Thank you in advance, I really appreciate it!
All the best – health, wealth, and success!