One of the things I find fascinating about life is the fact that we’re all living on one world, but we’re all having different experiences (sometimes vastly different). If this isn’t evidence enough that we ourselves are responsible for the experiences we have in life, I don’t know what is. All of the masters talk about this phenomenon. They tell us that it’s our state of consciousness that is the cause of the experiences we have in life. Everything flows from our conditioned state of consciousness. So, if we want to change any aspect of our lives, we have to begin by addressing the root cause — our consciousness.
- The inner work we do really centers around developing our consciousness in specific ways to align us with the experiences we want to have in life.
- In addition to family, cultural, and societal influences on our consciousness, we come into this world with certain tendencies, preferences and quirks.
- To change our experiences in life, we have to change the way we perceive ourselves.
- Our destination is really a psychological one (a state of mind).
- Our perceptions become self-fulfilling prophecies.
- Everything in our life is there because of a belief we hold to be true.
- The problem is that most of us are unconscious about our beliefs, and why things are happening to us the way they are.
- It’s important to learn from one another and share best practices for the business of living.
- Our experiences in life always flow from our conditioned state of consciousness.
- When we change the way we perceive ourselves, our experiences change.
- It’s important to identify with the experiences you want to have in life.
- There is only one universal consciousness, and each of us is an individual expression of it.
- Use your imagination to place yourself right in the middle of the experiences you want to have in life.
- Worldly knowledge is great, but it’s really spiritual knowledge that we need to primarily study to help us improve our lives in infinite ways.
- Keep your imagination active and vital throughout life. It’s your vehicle for initiating change.
How to create the experiences you want in life:
- Clarify and write down the experiences you want to have in life.
- Use vision boards, images, or make your own art, to help you focus your conscious mind on what you want.
- Speak affirmations and script your story to impress your mind with what you want. Always speak with deep feeling and intensity.
*The best time to do these exercises is right before going to sleep. During this time, you can make the greatest impression on your subconsciousness mind. Remember to be consistent in your practice. It’s much more effective to do the exercise for 5 minutes every evening over the course of a week, than to do it for 35 minutes one evening a week.
Also, once you start seeing results, don’t stop the practice. Keep it going!
One Sentence Summary:
The experiences we have in life are a reflection of how we perceive ourselves, others, and the world at large.
Quote of the Week:
We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.” ~ Anais Nin
- None in this episode.
Awesome Resources Created Just For You:
- Just Be It! – Improve your performance and your results in any area of your life quickly and easily!
- The Alchemy of Despair – 17 of the most effective techniques I’ve ever encountered for reclaiming your happiness!
- The Magic of Being – Teach your child how to develop their self-image in a fun, entertaining way!
Connect with me
How to review the show on iTunes – If you enjoy the podcast, it would be awesome if you’d take a minute and write a review on iTunes. To do that, just launch the iTunes podcast app on your computer or phone. Search for Enhancing The Human Experience. Select the album art for the show. Then select ratings and reviews. Then write your review. Thank you in advance, I really appreciate it!
All the best – health, wealth, and success!