The Rainmaker story conveys a powerful message about how we can make our lives work. You can find this story, originally told by Carl Jung, in many places online. Today, I’ll read you one of my favorite versions of this short but profound story.
Here’s the story of the Rainmaker, as told by Chin-Ning Chu in her book, Do Less, Achieve More: Discover the Hidden Power of Giving in:
“There was a village that had been experiencing drought for five consecutive years. Many famous Rainmakers had been called, but they had all failed to make rain. In the villagers’ last attempt, they called upon a renowned Rainmaker from afar. When he arrived in the village, he set up his tent and disappeared inside it for four days. On the fifth day, the rain started to fall and quenched the thirst of the parched earth. The people of the village asked the Rainmaker how he had accomplished such a miracle. The Rainmaker replied, “I have done nothing.” Astounded at his explanation, the villagers said, “How can that be? After you came, four days later the rain started.”
The Rainmaker explained, “When I arrived, the first thing I noticed was that everything in your village was out of harmony with heaven. So I spent four days putting myself into harmony with the Divine. Then the rains came.”
The message here is simple:
The more out of harmony we are with heaven (or the Divine), the harder our lives will be. When we align ourselves with the Divine, the right thing happens, at the right time, in the right way — without us doing much of anything, other than being a channel for it to happen.
One Sentence Summary:
When you are in harmony with heaven good things happen.
Quote of the Week:
Remember, you are not doing the work. It is spiritual substance that is interpreting itself as the fulfillment of your desires, and you are but a channel for it’s outpouring.” ~ John Randolph Price
- Do Less, Achieve More: Discover The Hidden Power Of Giving In – A great book on surrendering.
- The Abundance Book – By John Randolph Price. This little gem of a book is really extraordinary. It’s filled with deep insights into life and the underlying cause of all circumstances — consciousness.
Awesome Resources Created Just For You:
- Just Be It! – Improve your performance and your results in any area of your life quickly and easily!
- The Alchemy of Despair – 17 of the most effective techniques I’ve ever encountered for reclaiming your happiness!
- The Magic of Being – Teach your child how to develop their self-image in a fun, entertaining way!
Connect with me
How to review the show on iTunes – If you enjoy the podcast, it would be awesome if you’d take a minute and write a review on iTunes. To do that, just launch the iTunes podcast app on your computer or phone. Search for Enhancing The Human Experience. Select the album art for the show. Then select ratings and reviews. Then write your review. Thank you in advance, I really appreciate it!
All the best – health, wealth, and success!